21 hours per week – days and times to be agreed but can be flexible
Salary scale £24,000 – £29,000 (pro rata)
We’re looking for someone who really knows their numbers – a part-time management accountant to join #TeamDTW. This is an exceptional opportunity to join this award-winning SME.
DTW is a successful marketing, public relations and communications agency that delivers results for clients across the UK and beyond. We’re looking to appoint a new management accountant to be responsible for all things finance and to work as part of our friendly team.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced in using Sage 50 Accounts software and in producing management accounts, as well as managing cashflow and all other financial matters relating to a small business.
They will ideally be fully qualified, with a minimum of one years’ management accounts experience. The successful candidate will also have great attention to detail and will be able to manage their own workload and meet deadlines, as they will be our lead financial professional.
In return, we’ll offer an exciting opportunity to join our small but friendly team. Our core principles are quality, trust and responsiveness, and we’re looking for someone with the same work ethic and attributes.
We offer a competitive salary, pension, bonus scheme and 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus a birthday day off and bank holidays.
Our office is based in the lovely market town of Guisborough, in the Tees Valley but, due to Covid-19, our team members are currently working remotely for the foreseeable future.
This is a part-time position and we’re genuinely flexible about the specific working hours that will make up your working week.
So long as the job is done, we’ll be able to make the hours fit for the right candidate – whether that is spreading them over five days, compressing them into three, or somewhere in between.
To apply, review the job description and person spec below and send your CV and a covering letter/email to email@example.com.
Summary of key duties
• Production of monthly management accounts using Sage 50 Accounts software and Microsoft Excel
• Managing cash flow and the company factoring facility
• Managing payroll, pensions and salary sacrifice
• Preparing and maintaining rolling budgets
• Maintenance and control of Sales and Purchase Ledger
• Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and submission to HMRC
• Statutory accounts and other reports
You can view/download a detailed job description and list of key duties here
Core person specification
• Professional accountancy qualification
• Experience of producing monthly management accounts (minimum 1 year required)
• Fully conversant with SAGE 50 Accounts
• Good IT skills, particularly MS Excel and use of Pivot Tables
• Ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to work on own initiative
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Able to communicate at all levels – Board of Directors, staff, clients, suppliers, external accountants, factoring and bank contacts.
To find out more or have a chat with someone about the role, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call DTW MD Chris Taylor on 07949 287356.
Interested in joining us?
DTW is always on the look out for talented people – so if you think you can make a difference and have what it takes to be part of our dynamic team, get in touch…we’d love to hear from you, even if our current vacancies don’t sound 100% right for you.
We want people who are bright, on top of their game and have a can-do attitude. If you’re into complex problem-solving, enjoy being a critical thinker and like bringing creative solutions to challenging issues then you’re in the right place, whatever your communications specialism.
We’re always looking for a wide pool of diverse candidates so we can select the best people to join our team, so please don’t be shy. Every application will be given full consideration.
To get in touch please email email@example.com or call us on 01287 610 404.
Six reasons to become part of #TeamDTW
- Be part of an award-winning team – we’ve won awards from the CIPR, PRCA, Public Sector Communications Awards and the Association of Project Management in the past two years. Come and help us pick up some more.
- Our work is valuable – we love what we do, and we’re passionate about it
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus Bank Holidays (actually make it 26, as everyone gets their birthday off each year).
- We’ll pay for your CIPR or CIM and PRCA membership – lifelong learning is important to us. We’re all learning, every day.
- For client facing roles we’ll kit you out with about £2,000 worth of kit including a Mac laptop and an Iphone.
- Everyone – whether full or part-time – gets signed up to participate in our bonus scheme. You’ve got to be in it to win it!
We have been recognised by PR Week as one of the top ten agencies in the north of England and are regularly listed in its top ten agencies specialising in public sector work in the UK. We employ the best people and deliver award-winning marketing and PR campaigns for some wonderful clients.
DTW is an equal opportunities employer.